Graduate Student Association
- Click here to see brief profiles of our MS/Ph.D. graduate students.
- GSA Newsletter
- Contact Dr.Carla Barbieri, for more information on this association.
To support Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management graduate students in their course of study and enhance each studentís overall NC State graduate experience by promoting professional development, encouraging scholarly pursuits, and facilitating networking and social endeavors. The GSA supports the department in its efforts to produce lifelong learners and leaders in a global society committed to developing parks, recreation, tourism, and sport resources that improve the quality of life and are environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable.
The Vision & Values:
The vision of the Graduate Student Association is to enhance the graduate student experience through a positive environment and academic support.
Our values are in line with the departmental vision and mission and include the following:
- We value the role the department and the university plays in graduate education;
- We value interactions among fellow students, faculty members, and professionals in the field;
- We value the diversity within our program, including academic diversity;
- We value our commitment to facilitate a support network for fellow PRTM graduate students.
Make sure to sign up to receive the GSA Newsletter via email to keep up with all of the academic and social activities organized by our GSA officers!
PRTM GSA Officers - Fall 2013
Academic & Professional Development
Chantell LaPan email@example.com
Social, Networking & Community Service
Jessica Mayer firstname.lastname@example.org
Brendan Adams email@example.com
Wei-Lun Tsai firstname.lastname@example.org
Jing Li Jli43@ncsu.edu
Karly Meszaros Kameszar@ncsu.edu
Erin Crouse email@example.com