Candace Goode Vick
Associate Department Head
Director of Undergraduate Programs
North Carolina State University
Department of Parks,Recreation and Tourism Management
Box 8004, 4004 Biltmore Hall, Raleigh - NC 27695
- Doctorate of Recreation, Recreation and Park Administration, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 1984
- Thesis: Development of Work Sampling Methodology for Analysis of Park Maintenance
- Master of Science, Recreation Resources Administration NC State University, Raleigh, NC, 1979
- Bachelor of Science, Recreation Resources Administration, NC State University, Raleigh, NC, 1974
Recent Courses Taught
- PRT 376 – Internship Orientation
- PRT 476 – PRTM Internship
- Greenwood, J.B. and Vick, C.G.(2008) Economic Impact of Visitors to Select North Carolina State Parks. Recreation Resources Service, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC.
- Vick, C.G. (2006), Public Parks and Recreation, Chapter in Small Cities and Towns. ICMA
- Vick, C.G. (2005). Public Recreation. Chapter in County and City Government in North Carolina, editor David M. Lawrence, School of Government, UNC-Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC.
- Recreation Resources Service Grant 2010-2014, Division of Parks and Recreation, Department of Environment and Natural Resources, $2,485,000.
- Recreation Resources Service Grant 2003-2010, Division of Parks and Recreation, Department of Environment and Natural Resources, $2,525,000.
- Recreation Resources Service, Department of Environment and Natural Resources, Division of Parks and Recreation, 2003-2010, (averages $450,000 per year) Principal Investigator.
- Henderson, K.H.; Anderson, D.H.; Vick, C.G. (2010, October) Women In Parks and Recreation: We’ve Come A Long Way, Maybe?, National Recreation and Park Association Congress, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Vick, Candace Goode, Undergraduate Assessment At NCSU: Past, Present, Future, North Carolina State University Assessment Conference, 2005, Cary, North Carolina.
- Bresciani, Marilee, Rust, Jon, and Vick, Candace Goode, Engaging in Genuine Assessment: A Balancing Act between Administrators and Faculty, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges, 2004 Annual Meeting, Atlanta Georgia.